Capital Needs Assessment
The Capital Needs Assessment (CNA) is designed to prepare a
long-term budget strategy to ensure long-term viability of the
project and to provide safe and decent housing in good repair for
low to moderate-income families.
Our approach to a Capital Needs Assessment (CNA) project includes
the following key considerations:
- Define procedures and the costs to perform a complete
inventory of identified facilities;
- Outline methods by which current facility deficiencies will
be identified and prioritized;
- Provide reports detailing the recommendations for correction
to all facility deficiencies;
- Provide estimated costs for correction of the facilities;
- Provide a forecast of the capital renewal costs and
shortfalls based upon the present capital funding budget;
- Development of key components to incorporate in a strategic
plan for reducing the current deferred maintenance backlog;
- Provide complete sets of inspection forms for all buildings
and infrastructure components designed to include each
building’s individual system’s needs;
- Provide detailed take off information, with complete
EMG has the ability to provide all assessment data in an electronic format
for uploading to third party software, as well as an in-house, fully
customizable or COTS software product.
Cost Segregation Studies
By default the federal tax code allows the depreciation of commercial structures to be stretched out over 39 years, putting your cash flow at a significant disadvantage. However in reality, your single real estate holding actually comprises numerous different assets, many of which have notably shorter depreciation lives—and greater tax deductions.
EMG's Cost Segregation Study allows you to put substantial tax savings back in your budget by identifying and reclassifying these assets. Combining the superior technical expertise of our professional staff with proven accounting services, we provide you with a detailed analysis that is cohesive, thorough, and defensible against IRS scrutiny. That leaves you with higher savings and a healthier cash flow.
Click below to read more about EMG’s capital planning
How can we help? For decision intelligence call