Property Condition Assessment
EMG is the industry leader in Property Condition Assessment
(PCA) services for engineering due diligence projects associated with
commercial real estate transactions.
We designed our Property Condition Assessment to determine the
present physical condition of the project and its improvements.
We provide our decision intelligence regarding future anticipated
issues, which may result in a financial risk or liability.
The property condition assessment process includes:
- A visual walk-through to observe the existing conditions.
- Review of the available construction documentation, public
records and current budgets.
- Deciphering the information gathered and presenting it with
intelligence for repair or further detailed review if the issues
cannot be determined through visual observation alone.
ASTM E 2018-08 is the Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments
and sets the foundation for the Property Condition Assessment process. It is the initial assessments that baselines the quality and property structure.
Our practices to uphold the ASTM E 2018-08 Standards include:
- Defining high-quality practices for the PCA of real estate improvements
- Facilitating consistent and pertinent content in Property
- Developing practical intelligence for site observations
- Performing document reviews and research associated with conducting PCAs and preparing Property
Property Condition Reports are the gold standard in the
commercial real estate industry. They contain a property
description and a review of building components.
Property Condition Report
Click below to learn more about EMG’s transaction services.
How can we help? For decision intelligence call